Built in 1825, the Old North Church is an architectural treasure in the Marblehead Historic District. The golden cod weathervane above our bell tower was originally atop the steeple of our prior 18th century church. Now approaching its 200th year, time and recent storm damage have taken their toll on the structure, especially on the bell tower and the granite façade which is one of the few remaining in town. Additional work is needed to replace the roof and gutters as well interior and exterior painting.
Old North Church (ONC) has launched a Capital Campaign with the goal of raising $1,000,000 to pay for these extensive repairs to the church and our administrative office building. Ten percent of the total monies raised will be dedicated to Youth ministries and our Mission work.